Last Updated: 06/27/2016
Portbnb ("us", "we", or "our") operates http://www.portbnb.com (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site, our Application and/or Services.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site, Application or Services. By using the Site, Application and Services you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Site, Application and/or Services we may ask you to provide us with certain Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") that can be used to contact or identify you.
Our Contact Information
PII data collection
When registering on our Site, Application or Services, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and/or other details to help you with your experience.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site, Application or use Services ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site, that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this information.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you (including, but not limited to) when you register on our Site, Application or use Services, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our Site, Application or Services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, or use certain other Site, Application or Services features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our Site in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site, Application or Service feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotions and/or deals.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We do not use SSL certificate.
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We use regular Malware Scanning
- Help remember and process the filters selected.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about Site traffic and Site interactions in order to offer better Site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features might be disabled. Some of the features that make your Site, Application and Services experience more efficient may not function properly.
We hereby state that we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our Site, Application and Services.
We have implemented the following:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting.
- Demographics and Interests Reporting.
- DoubleClick Platform Integration.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Site.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our Site anonymously.
Change of your personal informationYou can change your personal information:
- By emailing us.
- By logging in to your account.
- By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email. Within 7 business days.
- We will notify the users via in-site notification. Within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information; respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to the service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or Site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
108 West 13 Street.
Wilmington, DE, 19801